X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• Gameplay, and everything that goes with the "feeling"

There is no thread about that part but I think it is one of the most important, what gameplay do we want to have in the mod ? If we do a quick summary of the different possibilities here are the different gameplays :

- A vanilla-like game : in which the stats, the basic scripts, the cost of ships won't be changed. In fact it would just be a "lookization" of the mod from X universe to Star Wars universe.
    - A SW like game : ships speed based on Star Wars ones, the same for every other details. One example to explain that : in X3 the average fighters are stronger than in Star Wars however they are really less quick. It is also the question of the strongness of missiles, the way we use shields etc. I don't think that's the best example, it may explain nothing but it's clear in my mind...
    - A special gameplay, that we would decide to create.

The "SW like" gameplay is in my opinion the best one but will need time to balance everything.

There is also the question of additionnal scripts to the mod. I'm personnaly not really a fan of having thousands of scripts, I do prefer having the only one I need. Except from the core scripts (plots mainly and the ones directly related to Star Wars univers) we should let players to choose before installing if they want extra scripts. That's another point to debate.

If you have any opinion please express it here
    Dernière modification par Stilgar, 14-09-2012, 00h42.

I always try to take the route of wisdom as much as I can. I think one of the biggest problems everywhere in the world today is that there is an abundance of relative intelligence, talent, and ambition, but an utter lack of wisdom being pursued.

For me personally, I have always envisioned option #1, because it is the most likely to make things the easiest, and the most likely to result in an actual product to be released. That's why I was asking if we would be using the "use existing vanilla ship ID's" to replace the vanilla ships, because I was thinking the vast majority of the core code would be intact, with just a few things added on top of it... as you said, basically just the same game, but with the "look and sound" converted to Star Wars exclusively.

Of course I would prefer something like #2 or #3, but such only sounds like a moderate task until you get into it... then it becomes a nightmare. There would be SO much writing, brainstorming, playtesting, scripting, and work to make that happen, that it risks the fate of 99% of such projects. I would be fine with saying "so what" and doing it anyway, but it can always be done after releasing a #1 option.

My 2 cents.

Commentaire

The thing is that whenever you create a ship you will have to set it up with stats. So whatever is your plan (*1*2*3) you will need to take some time to choose the stats. That's a real important aspect for X3.

Commentaire

I think than the "SW like" is very enticing...

Commentaire

Envoyé par Stilgar Voir le message
          The thing is that whenever you create a ship you will have to set it up with stats. So whatever is your plan (*1*2*3) you will need to take some time to choose the stats. That's a real important aspect for X3.
          That is true... but that is one work layer, whereas other approaches add other work layers. As of now my approach with ships has been the same as the chart we have been using for races / factions. I have a log I have printed out of existing vanilla ships, and have been assigning which SW ships would be their most logical replacement. All stats and balancing have already been worked out for vanilla, so copying the stats for the logical replacement ships would result in the same balanced gameplay that vanilla has. Of course there are a few issues using this kind of system too, but it still results in what I described on the whole. Any other approach would require much playtesting and experimentation. I'm fine with that, if that is really the approach that is most desired by everyone, but I'm just presenting the realities of the situation for everyone to keep in mind when thinking about it.

Commentaire

You're right.

Anyway, we will create/add ships in the game first. Then we will see, this is already a lot to do. But having my Milenium Falcon going at 200 m/s at its best will be always strange

Commentaire

Envoyé par Stilgar Voir le message
              You're right.

Anyway, we will create/add ships in the game first. Then we will see, this is already a lot to do. But having my Milenium Falcon going at 200 m/s at its best will be always strange
              Hehehe... yeah I agree, there will of course have to be exceptions... I would guess for a case like that, the stock YT-1300 (which would be very common, as it was just another light frieghter) would have the same specs as it's vanilla replacement, but there would be an added MF version with all the modifications we would want. Since it would not be one of the stock ships referenced in Tjobs, it would not be used by AI hardly at all, and would just be a special option available at certain shipyards.

Commentaire

The forum is suffering some connections problem. No worries about the messages here, everything has been saved

Commentaire

Chargement...
                X