X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• Let's speak about RACES

Here we can speak about progress regarding races. Which ones do we want? What attributes should they have? etc.

Star Wars Faction X3 Faction Name X3 Faction ID/Raw Value
    Rebel Alliance Argon 1
    Boron 2
    Zann Consortium Split 3
    Galactic Empire Paranid 4
    Corporate Sector Teladi 5
    Chiss Xenon 6
    Hutts Kha'ak 7
    BountyHunter/Pirates/Outlaws Pirates 8
    Goner 9
    Unknown 14
    Hapes Consortium Terran 18
    Black Sun Yaki 19

Still working on :
    - Tion
    - Mon Calamari
    - Bothans
    - Mandalorians (see posts below)
    Dernière modification par Stilgar, 11-09-2012, 20h01.

Some races (I prefer speeking about factions than races no ?) that must be in as major races :
    - The Empire
    - The Alliance
    - The Hutts
    - Commerce Federation
    - Maybe one or more of the assassin's guildes
    - Black Sun (don't know the english exact term)
    - (Chiss/Hand of Thrawn Empire ?)
    - Hapes consortium ?
    -

Commentaire

You’re right… factions rather than races would be a much better approach. My mind was focused on which races to include from the video and audio sources available for Star Wars, but as far as sector ownership, territories, alliances, etc. it should definitely be factions. The only thing I would imagine is that perhaps it may be something to consider more “good” or neutral factions, as the Rebellion would be the only option for "good" players, and they would be outnumbered seven to one. As much of a big fan of Star Wars I am, unfortunately I never actually got that much into the expanded universe material, so I wouldn’t have many suggestions. I know the Trade Federation would kind of be neutral and the Hutts might not actually be automatic enemies, but still rather sinister...

Commentaire

Here are some factions suggestions :

Governement:

Rebel Alliance
        Galactic Empire

Criminel
        Hutts' Cartel
        Black Sun
        Zann Consortium
        Prime chassor (sorry no idea what the english is for that)
        Pirates (generic term)

Other possibility :
        Mandalorians
        Hapes Consortium
        Coporate Sector Authority
        Chiss Empire (as a bonus planet/sector ?)

Here are the main important factions at this time.

Commentaire

Here is my work :

Star Wars Faction X3 Faction Name X3 Faction ID/Raw Value
          Rebel Alliance Argon 1
          Boron 2
          Zann Consortium Split 3
          Galactic Empire Paranid 4
          Corporate Sector Teladi 5
          Chiss Xenon 6
          Hutts Kha'ak 7
          BountyHunter/Pirates/Outlaws Pirates 8
          Goner 9
          Unknown 14
          Hapes Consortium Terran 18
          Black Sun Yaki 19

I'm still working on these factions :
          - Tion
          - Mon Calamari

I'm searching for one "mystic" faction (for Goners) and for one peaceful or alliance friendly faction for Boron.

All the faction will be in game for first versions (that's mainly text files), however only the Empire and the Alliance will have everything customized for them. What do you think ?
          Some factions, such as Chiss, will just have one sector, it's just a bonus features that would be great to add for people who knows about the extended universe . Also I had not searched for companies like we have in X3 games. I don't know if it can be useful for us here.

Commentaire

All sounds good to me... and the chart looks very good and makes it easy to understand. Very nice.

Commentaire

Doctor Rick Marshall here,

I'm not sure if you need them here, however here is a full list of the original races so that you can easily identify their files.

1 - Argon
              2 - Boron
              3 - Split
              4 - Paranid
              5 - Teladi
              6 - Xenon
              7 - Kha'ak
              8 - Pirates
              9 - Goner
              10 - Player
              11 - Enemy Race
              12 - Neutral Race
              13 - Friendly Race
              14 - Unknown Race
              15 - Race Supplement 1
              16 - Race Supplement 2
              17 - ATF
              18 - Terran
              19 - Yaki

The easiest races to modify are 11-16 since they are currently only in there for "filler" and do not have much in the way of audio or graphic files associated with them. As such you can link all audio/video to them without much of a hassle without having to worry about breaking much of anything in the game. Special note: 14 or the 'unkown race' was supposed to be used by a new faction that Egosoft was going to introduce into AP but it didn't actually happen. I hope this helps.

Commentaire

Oh, thanks for that information. I was thinking that 11-12-13-14 were somewhat scripted and not like others although they are in really just emply slots. So we can totally change them, exactly as any other faction, really good news.

Commentaire

Doctor Rick Marshall again,

Correct. They were essentially just there to take up space and to be used as the game developed, though with the X universe moving to steam, much of the updating will not be occuring now as the game developers had originally planned. It is good though, since you can easily change all of those races without much of a problem.

Edit: My 2 cents on the races/companies...

In my personal mod I used the Boron to make up the "Rebel Alliance." They're squiddy and reminded me of the Mon Calamari. The Terrans were the main brunt of the Galactic Empire and the Argon were essentially the Old Republic. Pirates were always just that - Pirates. The Black Sun, being the largest and strongest criminal syndicate in the star wars universe I made from the Yaki. It only seemed fitting really.

As for companies, that's where I had the most fun. I changed the Dukes into the Hutt Cartel - shady and their homebase is in the middle of nowhere. PTNI became Sienar Fleet Systems (the company that created the TIE Fighter and all twin ion engine fighters after that). I don't remember what the other companies were, I'll look - but I made companies of Star Wars into companies in the game, it was fun. Jonferco became IntelStar Company - the company that made hyperdrives in the star wars movies, since they were doing so much work with the jump drives and the super highways. So yeah...
                  Dernière modification par DrRickMarshall, 12-09-2012, 21h44.

Commentaire

though with the X universe moving to steam
                    I had never heard of that. Why does Steam interfere with the number of factions for AP ?

For faction list I've done like that :
                    Argon - Rebel Alliance : Argon are "good" people that also fights a lot. Which is for me much suitable to the Alliance than Borons who are more peaceful.
                    Split - Zann : because of their agressiveness.
                    Galactic Empire - Paranid : xenophobia and good warriors.
                    Corporate Sector - Teladi : obvious here
                    Chiss - Xenon : Chiss we only be a bonus faction and sector, so it's a default choice.
                    Hutts - Kha'ak :
                    Hapes - Terran : closed on their empire and very good technologies for both.
                    Black Sun - Yaki : pirates really dangerous.

That look a litle like going to the market, I don't if it is really necessary but that how I did.

You speak about Mon Calamari and Boron, I think it's a good idea. Do you think we should add them to the game ? They allied to the Rebel Alliance lately. I don't really know.

As for companies, that's where I had the most fun. I changed the Dukes into the Hutt Cartel - shady and their homebase is in the middle of nowhere. PTNI became Sienar Fleet Systems (the company that created the TIE Fighter and all twin ion engine fighters after that). I don't remember what the other companies were, I'll look - but I made companies of Star Wars into companies in the game, it was fun. Jonferco became IntelStar Company - the company that made hyperdrives in the star wars movies, since they were doing so much work with the jump drives and the super highways. So yeah...
                    Indeed, I've done nothing with companies. They work the same way as factions ?

Commentaire

Companies are a different set of coding and if you go to the 'jobs' scripts in the .cat files you'll see that they can be edited for what ships they use, etc. They work similar to races, but you can't exactly set them up on a "with this race" only scheme, or I may be wrong, but I was never able to do so.

As per Egosoft going to steam, they are able to do 'pay per download' style additions now, so they are working on different additions to the game, and the 'Unknown' race hasn't been tweaked too much.

Commentaire

Ok. I've just received my Essential Atlas. I'll finish the work on the map and I'll have a look at that mess

Commentaire

Chargement...
                        X