X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• Screenshots

Hello,

I think we need some screenshots in order to make some publicity about the mod on the net. People first look at cute pics and maybe after at what the text is speaking about. I'm a crap for taking screens, so if someone has time to take some screenshot it would be great !

Thanks
    Dernière modification par Stilgar, 21-08-2012, 13h41.

Sure, I can handle that. However, this brings me to one of the first things I must ask a favor of you.

In case you didn’t know, an .xsp file is a single file that contains all necessary ship elements. It is intended to be used as an easy, "one file, one button" option to insert a ship into a game. All you have to do to get .xsp's into a game is to use Cycrow's Plugin Mgr, and press the button. They can be added by the least knowledgeable players out there who don't want to use a mod, but just want whatever individual ship.

For many reasons, I (and the X3 community) really need working .xsp versions of a couple of ships. These are ships that already are complete and exist in several Star Wars mods, but not in individual .xsp form. The current version of the SW mod doesn’t allow me to spawn a ship from a list of all included ships.

To get some really great screenshots, I’ll need .xsp’s of those ships. Since you are more skilled in this general area, could you take the files in the mod and create .xsp’s from them? It doesn’t require any modeling, only taking the files that already exist and assembling them together properly. This is done with Cycrow’s Package creator tool. There are several tutorials on how to do it, but would make much more sense to someone who has done a little coding.

The ships are:

The Dreadnaught
    The Action VI
    The GR-75 Alliance Troop Carrier

If you can get me these .xsp’s I would REALLY appreciate it. I can take some screenshots and have them up by this weekend.
    Thanks!

Commentaire

Ok. I'll do that.

Commentaire

Ahh, that's wonderful, thanks very much!

- - - - - - - - - - Nouveau message ajouté $date - - - - - - - - - -

From that, I’ll put together a full video “commercial” for the mod.

Commentaire

I see no ships folder in the archive, are you sure you put it in ?

Commentaire

All of the files for the ships should be in the different folders of the mod. Different parts will be in different locations. For example, many of the ship body files will be in the “objects” folder, and in sub-folders beneath that. Effects (engine glow, etc.) will be in other locations.

Cycrow’s Package creator also has a function to “import ship from mod” or to “import ship from VFS” in which it is supposed to assemble all of the files for the ship you choose from all the different folders, and make an .xsp from them automatically, but it is currently not working. Therefore, you just use the Package Creator to insert the files manually, then save the .xsp.

The “Ship Data” field of the Package creator tool is where you choose the code file for the ship you want. In that code will be all the references to which parts should be included, etc.

There are several very good tutorials on how to do this, but with my own zero experience in this area, that should be easy for someone who has a little experience dealing with that kind of stuff... I had zero, so the .xsp’s I made didn’t work.

Commentaire

Just forget what I said I was seeking in another game folder

Commentaire

Hi,

So this all the tests I made :
                http://www.mundusbellicus.fr/Telecha...ht%20Tests.zip

Results are :
                - Dreadnaught1.spk
                - Dreadnaught2.spk
                - Dreadnaught-V1.1.1.1.1.1.1-21.8.2012.xsp
                - Dreadnaugt1.sps

They are made on :
                - Details.bob
                - dreadnaught_scene.bod
                - Hull.bob

I must warn you of some things : it's the first time I'm dealing with ships, so even the time to find the different files of the ship (which are I hope the good ones) was looong. And then dealing with the files also. I'm new to X3 modding, and totally new to that part of X3 modding. So maybe this is totally wrong, however this what I've done with Creator manager. I also add random caracteristics to the Dreadnaught.xsp
                If you show me how to test I'll maybe win time.

Commentaire

I can test it when I get home, and I'll let you know...

Commentaire

I think there are missing files for the Dreadnaught to be completed. For instance, the AWing has 5 files in its ships directory, however Dreadnaught just 3, that may explains the procedure failure ?

Commentaire

Different ships will have different numbers of components. Some will have very many, others might have very few. It doesn't matter about the size or type of ship, just the number of special components included when the ship was made. I think the best thing is to become very familiar with the most widely used tools (like the Plugin Mgr, X2 editor, Mod Manager, etc.) and as you are trying things, make a post on the X3 forum. They will either help, or point you to the best tutorial that will address your question.

Commentaire

Yep, that's done. The thing is that I'm learning how to make an entirely new galaxy map at the same time

However I also took some time to make 3D view of some models with X2Editor (some refused to open). Here are the pics if people are interested to show them :

Commentaire

Yeah, the tools from the X3 site are a great help, and it’s great to see some progress. I haven’t even SEEN the Dreadnought that all these mods are using until this picture.
                          I do understand that you are also focused with the galaxy sector portion, but if you can just figure out the key to this one thing (making the 3 working .xsp’s) then I can take what you have learned and do ALL the work in that area. I don’t have the coding and technical experience to figure much out on my own, but if another can and give instructions on how to do a process, then I can take it from there and handle much of the workload. Also, if you haven't already, take a look in the "Sounds" section and check out the audio sample for the computer...

Commentaire

Have you tested my files yet ? Just to know if I did right or not

I already tested all the sounds you put in the mod. My itunes library is full of 001 002 sounds . They all work fine, in game also.

Commentaire

No, I didn't have time at home. I will try to test tonight. The sound file I am talking about is not the ones already finished in the mod... it is the link I put in the "SOUNDS" section on this forum for future ideas... This link: http://www.mediafire.com/?5os7blwsuimfttz
                              Dernière modification par AmeerNuub, 22-08-2012, 15h52.

Commentaire

Chargement...
                              X