X
X

• Filtre
  • Heure
  • Afficher
Tout nettoyer
nouveaux messages

• Presentation of the project

The official commercial for this mod can be found at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXs6T...ature=youtu.be

I'm quoting Ameer, here at egosoft : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=326588, he should be coming in a few times.

Envoyé par Ameer Nuub
    There are a few Star Wars mods here, and we are really thankful that they exist. Some even include more than just ships… but none really go all the way.

Let’s make one that does! Who’s with me!!???!!!??! (crickets)

I’m talking about a full (kind of) conversion, where many or most of the ships are replaced with Star Wars ships and cockpits; much or all sector and combat music is changed; much or most of all comm window video is replaced with Star Wars characters, much or most of laser, ship, computer sounds, warning and alert sounds are changed, all to authentic Star Wars versions, etc. etc.

Actually, most of the work is already completed. All the ships already exist (provided permission is granted), all the audio is done (much by me, some other existing mods have audio too). The only thing lacking are a couple basic things and then whatever possibilities anyone might want to include. Just somone knowledgable to help get it all together

The current version is Star “Wars Chronicles 2.0” and it’s based mostly on what Arachno.R put together for himself. It is a starting point from which the project will change and develop. For 2.0, it has been tweaked, added to, etc. with many additions to sound fx files, and a little different soundtrack focus than the original release.

Unlike some other approaches, I will not wait until the mod is “finished” to release it… I always hated when that was the case, for many reasons. I know you want it now, and you shall have it!!!

It can be found here:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=CF0DB...1E86BF17%21151

Just drop the files into your TC folder and choose "yes" to replace files. Back up your files first.

Much in the mod has come from many ship modelers, authors, other sources, other mods, and people who help put things like that together. Those include:

Arachno.R
    Jorkins Shipyard
    M[ART]in
    DarkSaber
    http://www.scifi3d.com
    EvilleJedi
    Dinoff
    mikska

Again, this is only the current version, and there is a lot more work, changes, and versions to come.

More changes and things left to do include:

1) The video replacement - The video files are 22 second clips, one right after the other, that the game pulls from by referencing a certain time frame within the one video file. It is packed and compressed in the a certain dat file. It can be extracted, but the process of doing so and loading editing the video changes some of the parameters, which would be fine, if you knew how to get it back in the original form and parameters... which I don't. I asked about this a while back and got several people respond, but I just didn't have the skill to make what they were saying happen. There are also several other options / tools I’ve seen that make it possible to add or change game video.

I have already made many replacement clips, such as Admiral Ackbar to replace Commander Derik, as seen here:

http://s481.photobucket.com/albums/r...eplacement.mp4

2) The sectors / races - most people talking about this want the addition of “Rebel” and “Imperial” sectors and races, etc. I’ve seen a Star Wars mod that added this, but I think they want that expounded upon.

I’ve done much of this already for myself. I just got finished modifying all of the SW ships that currently exist to replace most of the vanilla ships for AP... over 200 ships. Took me a very long time to change all the ship ID's and stats to replace the vanilla ships.

It was really awesome to start out by default in a modified X-wing, surrounded by Nebulon B's and Mon Calimari's, having the SW sector music playing while Derik is giving the speech as I get into position in a long formation of other X-wings at the AP Argon game start, and to hear Vader's "Get the crews to their fighters" line, instead of the "new mission" beep. Other stuff like R2D2 sounds for "incoming missile" beeps or "incoming message" alerts, movie dialog like "Red 5 standing by" when I select red group, "This is Gold leader" for Gold Group, "Red 5 I'm goin' in" for enemy sighted, etc. etc. etc. Makes when very happy when I fire up the game.

Also, I get to play the game in this, the home cockpit that I made:

http://s481.photobucket.com/albums/r...ent=Cptest.mp4

But it's just not complete without SW characters in the comm video replacing vanilla, like the link in the above post. To see Ackbar, Mon Mothma, Chewie, Rebel / Imperial pilots instead of the vanilla in the comm windows... that is what would bring it home. Also to have new sectors and races, as well as many of the various awesome possibilities from other tools / scripts, etc. made by the community here, but incorporated in a Star Wars application… THAT would be the ultimate power in the universe!

As stated, I'm not a coder or modder, can't make or change models, and all I did was change info on ships that already existed that were made by someone else.

But what I do have is solid perseverance... I could contribute video and sound work, but mostly just be a "workhorse" for any bulk tasks that need to be done. If some coding and scripting expert has the know-how to get things done, but not the time or interest to do the "process" of it all, I could perform a very large part of the “grunt work” and any file processing if I was just told what to do.

Any of the big talent out there interested???

“Help me Obi Wan Kenobi. You’re my only hope…”
    Dernière modification par AmeerNuub, 11-09-2012, 03h33.

Hello Stilgar and everyone! Nice to get this going. I would guess that since this is likely going to be a forum for working on the project, I will start a few different threads that have to do with the different catagories of the project, to make it easier to keep them seperated. Hope we can really get somewhere!

Commentaire

Hello Ameer,

Yes you can of course open as many theards as you want. I've set your moderator of the forum so you can stick/edit threads/posts

Commentaire

Envoyé par AmeerNuub Voir le message
        Hello Stilgar and everyone! Nice to get this going. I would guess that since this is likely going to be a forum for working on the project, I will start a few different threads that have to do with the different catagories of the project, to make it easier to keep them seperated. Hope we can really get somewhere!
        Welcome to Mundus Bellicus AmeerNuub .

Commentaire

Thank you, Rem. I apologize to everyone that the extent of my French is what I can remember from "Brotherhood of the Wolf", but hopefully we can still do some great things!

Commentaire

I've a question. If we start the plot at 0.5ABY (Yavin evasion), when do we finish it ? At 4ABY (Endor battle) or later ?

Commentaire

Envoyé par Stilgar Voir le message
              I've a question. If we start the plot at 0.5ABY (Yavin evasion), when do we finish it ? At 4ABY (Endor battle) or later ?

I’m not sure about much concerning the plots and time periods… really the only thing that I had in mind was complete ship, video, audio, and sector replacements /additions. In a situation like that, ships and elements from all eras would present all the time. The plot, missions, etc would be the same as vanilla, just with all the appearances and packaging of Star Wars.

The only reason I was thinking that is that to do anything else would require an enormous amount of game redesign. An extreme amount of modding, scripting, etc. not to mention story writing, play testing, etc. If that is the plan, and the knowledge exists to do that, then I say wonderful! I would still do everything I could to make that happen… but I think also that what Cycrow said what a GREAT piece of wisdom too:

“I would suggest working on small mods first, maybe take some things you had plans and try to work them into the standard game.

that way u'll be able to learn how everything works and have a better idea of how to make a full total conversion.

if you jump straight into it, chances are u'll never actually get it finished”

Commentaire

It really depends on how many people are working on the mod, their skills and the quality of the work you want. Personnaly I think that a mod with :
                - A revelant galaxy
                - Correct factions
                - A little plot

Is not that hard compared to the work needed for 3D modelling or IA codding. So my idea was to do that for a "first version" : a more or less revelant galaxy, the correct names for factions and some placement, and a little plot just to show you that you are in SW (and the ships, but that's not my business, I know nothing about 3D). This is what I call a little version compared to a big one with a complete galaxy with everything perfect from planet looks to shipyard position and exact wares plus realistic plots and an IA skilled...
                This "demo version" is just about some text editing (for my modding part), that's not really complicated and it will be a very good first start for all the people willing to play a Star Wars full mod.

Commentaire

Yeah, that sounds good. Just didn't know if anyone involved had the know-how to incorporate any custom plots. That would be great and I could help a lot with the story writing, grunt work, etc. That would require quite a bit of technical knowledge on how to make plots, missions, etc. but if you or someone else thinks they could do it, that's awesome!

Of course there is also no reason not to include several versions. One with only all the ships converted. One with ships and extra sectors. One with ships and sectors and different plots... as each small step toward the final is finished, each could be released as it's own mod for those who might rather have that version.

Commentaire

Chargement...
                  X